Monday, September 16, 2013

DIY

Do it yourself (DIY) or what I like to call it Design on a Dime. I don't usually like to do projects because I don't like an inexpensive look but for renting purposes I'm all for it.  I don't know how many of you use Pinterest but its great for anything and everything. I've found great recipes shared on line, tricks to cover my old and too small medicine cabinet and a little book nook for Grant so far. We have a walk in closet that is in the Dining room and as you can see who wants to eat dinner and look into a mess even an organized mess.  So I decided to frost the windows using a thin line of electrical tape around the edges for a more interesting look because I couldn't find painters tape thin enough. Its a little more difficult to work with because it stretches and I've heard you can buy thin line at an automotive store.  Frost paint dries in 10 min which is great because I'm very impatient even at a nail salon I wait about 3 min and go! Which is also why I didn't go gallivanting around town looking for thin painters tape and went for whatever I found at Home Depot. I actually decided not to cover any of the beams either since they were already white I figured the spray over if any wouldn't change the color. Gosh I sound like an impatient person, maybe just a little bit. We are renting and the frost paint will scrape off with a razor blade if we need to remove it.  With all the spray paint I've been using I can see why they lock it up, its addicting.  I want to spray everything now, accent knobs, maybe his toddler bed, I don't know. 

Spice rack from IKEA $3.99
Books seem more interesting when you can see the covers







Covered old medicine cabinet with a mirror using picture wire.  It still opens and is usable